Funny Useless Facts!!
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 =
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a
- The phrase "rule of thumb" is
derived from and old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your
wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with
only the left hand.
- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs
- The average human eats 8 spiders in their
lifetime at night.
- Shakespeare invented the word
"assassination" and "bump."
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.
- If you keep a Goldfish in the dark room, it
will eventually turn white.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps
over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the alphabet.
- A rhinoceros horn is made of compacted hair.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes
- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the
- Who's that playing the piano on the "Mad
About You" theme? Paul Reiser himself.
- In England, the Speaker of the House is not
allowed to speak.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English
language is "screeched."
- On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying
over the Parliament Building is an American flag.
- All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction
are stuck on 4:20.
- No word in the English language rhymes with
month, orange, silver or purple.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word
that ends in the letters "mt".
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the
Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room
during a dance.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one
- The youngest pope was 11 years old.
- The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and
lived in China in 1910.
- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by
eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
- China has more English speakers than the
- The shortest war in history was between
Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
- A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not
white, but actually clear.
- Elvis had a twin brother named Garon, who died
at birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron; in honor of his
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- Did you know you share your birthday with at
least 9 other million people in the world?
- When it was built in the 1940s, the
state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet
facilities for blacks and whites.
- The human heart creates enough pressure when
it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150
calories an hour.
- On average, people fear spiders more than they
- The strongest muscle in the body is the
- "I am." is the shortest complete
sentence in the English language.
- The longest word in the English language is
1909 letters long and it refers to a distinct part of DNA.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- You can't kill yourself by holding your
- Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming
1/10 of a calorie.
- You know that you are more likely to be killed
by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
- The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves
only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- There are two credit cards for every person in
the United States.
- Cat's urine glows under a black light.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have
- Babies are born without knee caps. They don't
appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike
annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
- One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today
is because cotton growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers-they saw
it as competition.
- Currently one person in two billion will live to be
116 or older.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6
days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to
create the energy of an atomic bomb.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, dogs
only have about ten.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth,
but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- If Barbie were life-size her measurements
would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall and have a
neck twice the length of a normal human's neck.
- Feb 1865 is the only month in recorded history
not to have a full moon.
- The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has
twice as many bathrooms as is necessary.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- The ant always falls over on its right side
- Polar bears are left-handed.
- The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds, that
makes the catfish rank #1 for animal having the most taste buds.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled
without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- First novel ever written on a typewriter is
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both
parties are registered blood donors.
- Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland
because he doesn't wear pants.
- More people are killed by donkeys annually
than are killed in plane crashes.
- English language.
- The name of all the continents end with the
same letter that they start with.
- The word "lethologica" describes the
state of not being able to remember the word you want.
- TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that can be
made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
- If the population of China walked past you in
single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- The word racecar and kayak are the same
whether they are read left to right or right to left.
- A cockroach will live nine days without its
head, before it starves to death.
- Butterflies taste with their feet. Elephants
are the only animals that can't jump.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- Starfish haven't got brains.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of
- The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses.
No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a
- Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de
Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula". And can be
abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped
- In most advertisements, including newspapers,
the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used
- The only real person to be a Pez head was
- When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers
play football at home, the stadium becomes the state's third largest city.
- The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street
were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's
"Its A Wonderful Life".
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of
Oz" was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing
cabinet and saw A-N and O-Z, hence "Oz."
- The microwave was invented after a researcher
walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
- John Lennon's first girlfriend was named
- The average person falls asleep in seven
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf
- Stewardesses' is the longest word that is
typed with only the left hand.
- The average secretary's left hand does 56% of
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with
- There are more chickens than people in the
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in
- A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- On an American one-dollar bill, there is an
owl in the upper left-hand corner of the "1" encased in the
"shield" and a spider hidden in the front upper right-hand corner.
- There are only four words in the English
language which end in "- dous": tremendous, horrendous,
stupendous, and hazardous.